\ 5 HIGHLIGHTS OF DOWNLOAD 2019 - The Adventures of Charlotte

5 HIGHLIGHTS OF DOWNLOAD 2019

5 Highlights of Download Festival 2019

Download was yet again, super fun - despite the thick mud and the total leg workout after 60KM worth of walking and battling to keep my wellies on! I've highlighted my top 5 things about Download which I was loving this year.

1. The music

Obviously the music was going to be one of my highlights, I wouldn't have gone if I didn't like the line up! I managed to tick a few bands off my bucket list whilst also catching some of my favourite bands! Check out who I went to see on each day (I'm aware that Friday was weak but the line up did not appeal to me at all on this day!

Friday Saturday Sunday
Reel Big Fish Yours Truly Cane Hill
Whitesnake Hot Milk I Prevail
Def Leppard Palisades Underoath

Trashboat Heart of a Coward

Skindred State Champs

Die Antwoord Beartooth

Slipknot The Amity Affliction


Fever 333


Enter Shikari

Download Festival - Main Stage Centre

Download Festival - Main Stage Left


2. Rocktail Cocktail

Main Stage Left - Charlotte + RachelAdmittedly, the music wasn't for me all weekend, especially on the Friday. We had a wonder around the arena and came across Rocktail Cocktail, serving the most amazing strawberry fields cocktails and also playing some absolute bangers. Live DJs were doing sets and every single one of them were on point with their playlists. There was a decent sized area to have a dance in so, drink in hand, Rach and I did what we do best - danced away in the mud for a pretty long time

3. The food

This year there were a lot of vegan food options and, as a full meat eater - I couldn't have been happier with the food choices. The vegan vans were amazing - I had some super tasty nuggets on the first day and regretted not getting more - although £5 for 5 nugs was a little steep! Other food that I ate over the weekend was bangers and mash in a massive Yorkshire Pudding which was also amazing, as well as the german sausage stall - I can't get enough of those buggers. Chips with pouring cheese was also very much a highlight. I usually always get noodles from a festival but I was pretty disappointed with the noodle offering this year. The only downside is that I didn't manage to get any photos of the food - I was too busy eating it all!

4. The company

Download is the festival that I do every year (or try to) with one of my absolute besties, Rach and I couldn't have had more fun if I'd have tried. No matter the weather or the music, the company always makes a festival what it is. We met up with and bumped into a few friends whilst we were there over the weekend and it was just a fab weekend.

Liam, Rachel + Charlotte

Rachel, Ben, Rosy + Charlotte

We even met a Peaked Apparel Pikachu!

Rachel and Charlotte with Peaked Apparel

5. Having a hotel!

Okay, I blame Rach for being high maintenance but this year I couldn't have been more thankful to have returned to Premier Inn, Derby Riverlights every single night. There was nothing better than a hot shower, a cosy bed and a cup of tea each night after the headliners and lots of space to get ready and do our makeup in the mornings. The staff are always fab and they had bin bags at the ready for our muddy wellies every night. We stay in this hotel every single year and I don't think I'd stay anywhere else now!


Did you go to Download 2019? How was it for you? Check back later in the week for my top bands of the festival!


No comments