\ HOTEL REVIEW: BRIGHTON HARBOUR HOTEL AND SPA, BRIGHTON // SEPTEMBER 2019 - The Adventures of Charlotte

HOTEL REVIEW: BRIGHTON HARBOUR HOTEL AND SPA, BRIGHTON // SEPTEMBER 2019

Brighton Harbour Hotel - Do Not Disturb Sign

It's been a while since I did a hotel review, I thought I'd get back into the game after my recent stay at the 4* Brighton Harbour Hotel and Spa whilst visiting a work conference (brightonSEO to be precise).

The hotel group, Harbour Hotels, describe this property as a luxury 79-room boutique hotel with vibrant, quirky interiors with a luxury spa and they weren't wrong at all. In a restored regency period building on the seafront, my experience was somewhat spectacular.


I'd never been to Brighton before and it really didn't disappoint! The hotel is set in between both piers, right on the sea-front with the most incredible views. It's around a 10 minute walk down one single road to the train station and also not too far away from lots of eateries, the British Airways i360, The Brighton Centre and shops. From stepping through the door in the reception I knew that I would love this place.

Brighton Harbour Hotel - Reception
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Reception

The room was fairly small but perfect for my stay, and very coastal-chic. I was allocated a standard double room with a partial sea-view and had a lovely view of the promenade, the old pier, the beach and the i360 (and unfortunately the construction works but that can't be helped). The only downside to this room as that it was across the room from the Pryzm Nightclub which was open on the Wednesday evening but the hotel provided ear plugs and it wasn't actually that bad!

Brighton Harbour Hotel - Room View

The room, albeit on the small side, was lovely. The decor was bright, the bed was huge and extremely comfortable and there was a Smart TV which you could either watch standard television on or hook up to your own Netflix (please remember to sign out though, the person in the room prior to me had forgotten!). The bathroom was very small but very modern with a waterfall shower to go with the rest of the nautical theme. When it came to the windows, they were double glazed and could be opened. They were covered by white shutters which you could easily open and close. They made the room very dark when fully closed which was great for bedtime.

Brighton Harbour Hotel - BedroomBrighton Harbour Hotel - Bedroom

There was WiFi throughout the hotel and even 5 floors up it was a good service. Room service was also available with a dedicated menu. As well as the usual tea, coffee and biscuits the room also had a nespresso machine, a mini fridge stocked with drinks and snacks that could be bought. Somethings that I'd never come across before however, was the carafes of gin and sherry by the window!

Brighton Harbour Hotel - Bedroom
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Sherry and Gin

The restaurant and bar areas boasted a bright and vibrant surrounding with modern furniture and a fantastic breakfast and drinks selection - if I can get away with putting both of those in the same sentence. At breakfast, there was a buffet full of healthy options, from fruit to cereals with some pastries also available. Alternatively there was a breakfast menu which I ordered off and in particular went for Eggs Royale - although it didn't come with spinach, it was so good that I ordered it both days! I also need the restaurant wallpaper in my life.

Brighton Harbour Hotel - Breakfast Buffet
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Restaurant
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Restaurant
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Bar Area
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Bar Area

The spa facilities (or what I managed to see of them) were fantastic. They boast a pretty good gym for a hotel with both strength and cardio equipment, water machines and a TV. The changing facilities were also very good. They were clean and well equipped with lockers (you don't need a padlock, yay!), showers, hairdryers and straighteners, making it the perfect area to get ready after a workout or a swim. Yes, a swim! The beautiful hotel also has incredible swim and relaxation facilities. Through the changing rooms and past some chill-out areas there is a lovely basement pool which was incredible. As soon as you're in the room you're heat with a nice gust of heat, meaning that it's not chilly down in the basement as you may expect it to be. The pool itself is above-ground with mood lighting, seating areas within the pool and decorated by some traditional nautical designs. to the left of the pool entrance there is a separate hydrotherapy pool to help those muscles after a workout, again, with lots on in-water seating. If you're looking for something a little more chilled, the corridor continues to another set of stairs which takes you down even further and, to my surprise, this became my favourite area.  The walls were all natural brick, the lighting was very low and through one door is a super cosy chill out room and space to store shoes and bags if you had taken them. Through another archway was the area of my dreams, the two wooden hot tubs. I spent a lot of time in here and, at 7am, I had them all to myself! It was the perfect way to relax before a hectic day. Also down by the spa area was a sauna and a steam room. I wish I could have stayed all day!

Brighton Harbour Hotel - Gym Facilities
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Gym Facilities
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Pool
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Hydrotherapy Pool
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Spa
Brighton Harbour Hotel - Spa

Unfortunately as mentioned, I didn't manage to have any of the spa treatments or to take in all of the sights and experiences of Brighton but I would certainly love to return and fully make use of the fantastic facilities and area.

Last but not least, I want to mention the staff. From check in to the restaurant, spa and checking out, the staff were all very friendly, polite and helpful which I think makes or breaks a stay in a hotel! I'd love to head back in a heartbeat and it will certainly be on my list to visit again in the future. The next time round I'd fully make the most of all facilities.

Find out more about the hotel and others in the Harbour collection here.

Have you been to Brighton? What did you love about it?

Blog Signature


No comments